As of April 24, 2021 - India has registered close to 350,000 daily detections and nearly 2800 daily deaths.
AID has a presence in more than 20 states of India, 35+ US chapters, and thousands of volunteers who continuously volunteer and provide support. Your support will help provide relief across India. The support will reach from the Rann of Kutch to the Gangetic planes and from the Himalayas to the coastal Andhra. Even to North East India.
We are collaborating with National Rural Health Mission, Maharashtra, to help them procure Oxygen Generation Plants and Concentrators.
This time, the COVID 19 virus has spread to remote locations in India, and apart from hunger-related issues, we have the additional health care calamity.
There is a shortage of Oxygen generation plants and Oxygen Concentrators. So on top of our efforts to procure these facilities, it is essential to protect the most vulnerable population in India.
Our immediate task is to ensure:
1) Healthcare helplines across India
2) Reduce misinformation and awareness campaigns across India, especially the importance of Vaccination
3) Ration Kit for the Needy
4) PPE Kit distribution to the front line health care workers and supporters
5) Support to another anticipated wave of migrant workers across India
6) Fair access to Oxygen supplies and medication
7) Oxygen concentrators procurement and purchase to the most vulnerable locations
8) Small Oxygen generation plants at public hospitals
9) Plasma donation appeal and drive
10) Long-term livelihood projects to support income generation for vulnerable populations
11) Advocacy with the village level Panchayats, Corporations, and local government.
We will update more as we get more information from the ground.