The goal has been reached! You can still donate to show your support.
Fundraiser for Association for India's Development (AID) to help provide relief to thousands of migrant workers, public health workers, and citizens stranded across India due to Lockdown across India. Cisco bright funds will match every dollar you donate to this fundraiser. AID works with 100+ NGOs across India and receiver of inaugural Global Contribution to India award. The popular movie Swades is based on AID founders and reflects the work done by thousands of similar projects in India. Funds will be used to give immediate relief and post disaster reconstruction of livelihood of the poorest of the poor in India.
This is an Employee powered PAN-India COVID-19 fund that intends to reach poorest of the poor in India.
As of April 1, 2020, following organizations have been supported by AID
i) Savera Foundation - $3500
ii) Program for Social Action - $2700
iii) Partners in Justice Concerns - $3000
iv) Center for Development - $6500 and Vihaan - $5000
v). AID India, Chennai - $25000
vi) Rural Development Service SocietyAndhra Pradesh & Telangana - $5000
vii) Karna Subarna Welfare SocietyWest Bengal - $1000
viii) Bal Evam Mahila Chetna Samiti Rajasthan - $8000
ix) Mohammed Bazar Backward Classes Development Society West Bengal - $8000
x) Bombay Sarvodaya Friendship CenterMaharashtra - $10000
xi) JanpathGujarat - $8000
xii) Jan Jagaran Shakti SangathanBihar - $5000
I feel following are the benefits of including AID India into our relief efforts:
1) Pan India presence. AID has presence across most of the Indian states with over 300+ network of NGOs
2) Works in almost all domains of social service – Education, healthcare, livelihood restoration post-disaster, child and maternal health, environment, agriculture, mental health
3) Widely recognized and winner of Global contribution to India award given by Indian Prime Minister among many other awards https://aidindia.org/about-aid/recognition/
4) One of the forefront organizations in disaster relief in India. Most of the time AID stays back and restores the livelihood of people affected.
5) Most projects are visited by volunteers and donors based in the USA, giving it high transparency.
6) Has 35+ chapters across USA reaching to a very wide volunteer and donor base.
7) Has 4 star Charity Navigator rating with 94.7% program expenses https://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=7135
Currently, they are addressing health care issues and donating several thousand medical supplies. In India, due to a sudden lockdown, millions of people are migrating to their native villages. This is alarming, given the scale. AID is at the forefront of organizing relief efforts across India. Many organizations are focused on most metropolitan cities, but AID is reaching out to the remotest corners of India.